5 Social Media Metrics that your Business Should Track
Welcome to The Beginner’s Guide to Social Media! Whether you’re new to social media or just looking to close a few knowledge gaps, we’re glad you stopped by. By now, we’ve all heard how valuable—even essential—social media can be. Whether your current sentiment leans more toward enthusiasm or trepidation, there’s no way around the fact that social media is a far more complex field than it first seems. Diving in without a sense for what it’s like can be overwhelming, and building a network that provides real value takes both savvy and hard work, but fear not—we’re here to help! We hope you’ll find this to be one of the most comprehensive social media resources available, and that no matter what your skill level is, there’s plenty in here to help you improve your social presence. As an added bonus, we’re working on a handy downloadable PDF version of the entire guide, and hope to have that ready by early February. What are we waiting for? Let’s dive in!
A few stats:
- 56% of millennials won’t accept jobs from firms that prohibit the use of social media in the office
- more than 8 in 10 say that UGC on company websites at least somewhat influences what they buy
- 46 percent count on social media when buying online
- 55 percent will go on to share bad experiences
- 51 percent say that social opinions influence their purchase decisions, and that they trust “strangers” more than friends.
Click through for the full infographic.